There are many ways that eating healthy superfoods can change your life:
- Provide nourishment and growth – Healthy foods boost energy and gives you strength.
- They are delicious and nutricious – When you start eating whole superfoods, fastfoods and
processed foods taste overly salty, greasy and unappetizing.
- Digestion aids – Rehab your gastro-intestinal tract with better eating habits. A diet rich in
vegetables, fibers, legumes and less sugary fruits aid digestion and prevents the following
disorders: gas, bloating, heartburn, nausea, constipation, diarrhea and irritable bowel
- Beautify skin , hair and nails – Foods high in beta-carotene get skin glowing. Foods with biotin,
found in eggs and some vegetables help stop hair loss and strengthen brittle nails. Radiant and
blemish free skin shows healthy inner body.
- Boost immunity – Superfoods have probiotics that strengthens immunity against foreign
substances like viruses and bacteria. These probiotics enhance intestinal ecology , improve
digestion and help strengthen natural resistance to intestinal infections. Anti-oxidant rich foods
can switch on genes that fight off bactiera-as well as cell damage, disease and the common
- Offer healing powers – A plant based diet that is low in calories and sugary starches, is the
most effective for reversing diabetes while simultaneously treating cardiovascuar disease,
according to studies done in 2017 in the Journal of Geriatric Cardiology.
- Improve brain function – As shown in the vitamins and mineral table, certian foods can actually
sharpen your thinking and prevent cognitive decline. Research at the Center for Brain Plasticity
at the university of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has linked high blood levels of Omega-3 fatty
acids with improved cognitive function. Fatty fishes like salmon, trout, mackerel,
sardines,herring and tuna are rich in Omega-3’s.
- Increase longevity – Ultimately LIVE LONGER, but with toned skin and muscle, a fully alert and
thinking brain for a HAPPY LONG LIFE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
Written by: Lourdes Hizon – Guevara